Things To Do
Those new to the area will find there is much to see and do in the surrounding region:
- Weller’s Bay features many secluded beaches and great fishing. Accessible by boat, the picturesque coastline is perfect for those who want to have some fun in the sun. The bay is also an anglers paradise with its abundant supply bass and pike.
- Presqu’ile Provincial Park is the region’s local secret that’s only a 10 minute drive away. French for ‘almost an island’ the park has miles of scenic hiking trails and is famous for its diverse wildlife that includes migratory birds and butterflies. Home to the second oldest lighthouse in Ontario, the park is rich in history and splendor and makes for a great half or full day trip.
- Sandbanks Provincial Park has some of the most beautiful beaches in Canada and is just a 45 minute drive from Camp Barcovan. While the beach does get busy during the summer, with miles of sand dunes you’re guaranteed to find a great spot with a beautiful view.
- North Beach Provincial Park is only a 20 minute drive from Camp Barcovan and has great beaches and hiking trails without the crowd.
- Prince Edward County has many beautiful landscapes and scenic roads that make for a great drive or pleasant bike ride. Experience the wild beauty and rural charm of The County and stop by one of the many exquisite wineries. craft breweries and artisan farms.
- Quinte West is home to the Bay of Quinte and the Great Waterway. The region is famous for boating and fishing and is great for exploring local farmers markets, learning about Canadian air force history and experiencing many unique local events.